As of July of 2020, Dawood Engineering, Inc. (Dawood) has worked with Lower Allen Township (Township) in implementing the use of geographic information systems (GIS) to aid existing workflows and to augment operational efficiency. This effort is a continuation of Dawood’s 2019 work where identifying the best ESRI license agreement options for the Township was established.
Since July of 2020, Dawood has worked with several departments within Lower Allen Township to better understand and assess their needs, as well as how GIS may be able to address them.
As part of this work, Dawood actively developed applications to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery. During this time significant progress in GIS implementation and workflow augmentation has been achieved across various Township departments.
- The development of several unique web-based mapping applications
- The reconfiguration of ArcGIS Online licensing to increase efficiency and save money
- The migration of data layers to the cloud
- Improvement to PA-1-Call workflows
- MS4 Story Map Development
- Development and Deployment of Leaf Collection status tracking
The examples listed above have provided various Township staff with valuable workflow improvements while demonstrating GIS implementation can be done in an incremental and cost-effective manner. The efficient implementation of these solutions has outpaced the needs assessment process included in the original scope of work submitted June 2020.