Bony Dawood, PE, is an entrepreneurial business leader who founded Dawood Engineering 30 years ago. He leads the Dawood family of companies, focused on planning, designing, and building sustainable infrastructure for public and private clients.
Dawood’s diverse portfolio includes surveying, building information modeling (BIM), geographic information systems (GIS), energy, financial management, municipal, real estate, site and land development, transportation, and utility projects. Surveying tools combined with BIM and GIS deliver powerful design and data analytics to support asset management and the digital twin model.
As President, Bony provides strategic direction and creates a culture of continuous improvement for employees. Leading by example, he is responsive and focused on earning client trust through high-quality performance.
Active Board Positions:
• Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Board of Directors
• Board Member of the American Islamic Cultural Center
• Senior Advisory Member of Asian Indian Americans of Central Pennsylvania
From the top down, Dawood advances cultural diversity. We nurture careers, and identify and sponsor external diversity initiatives, such as our MBE mentor-protégé program. Through Dawood’s mentorship program, we assist newly certified MBE firms to create a business plan, identify goals, find opportunities, and develop long-lasting relationships.
Every person and every worker deserves a fair shot at achieving stability and success—this allows us to grow and be better together. We live and breathe this philosophy by cultivating a culture of inclusivity and connectivity. To advance this mission, our Diversity & Inclusion Team sets the bar high. One example of our community engagement is the formation and funding of a diversity scholarship, for those who want to gain skills, training, and education necessary for STEM-related jobs.
Dawood is passionate about fostering the next generation of leaders to pursue their dreams through Planning, Engineering, Construction, Surveying, Geospatial Technologies, Computer Aided Drafting, Science, and Information Technology careers. Our support positions these future leaders towards success and helps develop a diverse pool of qualified talent, which will benefit the engineering and technology industries for years to come.
Through understanding and support, Dawood values students coming from diverse cultures, different socioeconomic settings, and various religious and ethnic backgrounds. In a global society, students must learn to manage the many complex issues and opportunities diversity brings to the workplace and the community.
- Scholarship value $ 2,000.00 per person.
- This scholarship may be awarded up to two (2) times to the same person (1 time annually), while the person is registered in an educational training program.
- Selection is based on candidate’s potential to contribute to the cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of the school of their choice.
- Scholarship renewal is based on maintaining a full-time undergraduate course load and making satisfactory progress towards a degree in one of the disciplines offered at Dawood.
- Up to two (2) recipients per year.
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Click to Download our scholarship application below.